Why do you need a social media presence?
- Social networks such as Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Facebook now represent a primary means of engaging those who will share and link back to your content (not to mention your customers and prospects!).
- Social signals such as shares and likes play an important role in helping your website to rank well in search results.
- People use social media when researching products (a trend that’s increasing), so positive comments across social media will also help boost sales by influencing purchasing decisions.
Protecting Your Online Reputation
We’re experienced in managing social media engagement for clients, and understand that representing your brand appropriately online is paramount. We operate a strict code of conduct when engaging across social media on your behalf: –
- We send planned social media posts to you for review and approve before publishing.
- To ensure a consistent voice we adhere to any tone-of-voice or brand guidelines in place, or alternatively can work with you to develop a tone-of-voice guide.
- We can develop an FAQ document that allows us to answer any basic questions from influencers, without the need for input from your team. This helps us to keep the conversation flowing.
- If a question or comment is not covered within the FAQ document, we escalate it to your team for feedback before responding.